01 October 2009

Wow.... I am really bad on the updates.

So. It is now October and I haven't updated in a long time. Sorry guys!!
Honestly nothing has really happened. I have just been experiencing the craziness that is Madrid.

Here are somethings that I have realized:
1. The majority of the women on the street are judging you for one reason or another.
2. The men are very nice. Mostly the old ones... womp. You know what that means. Here they are called viejo verdes, which is dirty old man in English.
3. The concept of being on time here is unheard of. They are late and everything just goes slower. Laura has been without her computer for almost a week. They promised she would have it back this past Tuesday. Oh well.
4. They love to stare. I mean even walking down the street people just stare at you especially the old ladies.
5. People are terrible drivers and pedestrians never have the right away. Even if you walk when it says to you can get run over. Scary.
6. No one knows where anything is. You ask them for directions and three people try to give it to you. This ends in confusion.
7. (AND MOST IMPORTANT) People here are rude. RUDE RUDE RUDE. I even had a Spaniard tell me Spaniards are not simpatico, or pleasant.

The past couple of weeks have been pretty hectic. Getting into a routine here is hard when you can't sleep. I think I have extreme anxiety as in my brain in the evening goes round in circles and keeps me awake. Meh. Hopefully the tiredness will ensue and sleep will come.

The most exciting things I have done lately are going out with my host brother and his friends and experience La noche en blanco. The white night was pretty fun. They close down the "Broadway" of Madrid for walking traffic and they have a huge dance-along in Plaza de Cibeles. The museums are open later than usual and are free. We went to the Archeology museum and saw lots of cool Spanish artifacts, like Visigoth crowns and ancient coins. We then walked around the city on Gran Via and just couldn't believe the amount of people that were there. In one of the Plaza's there was a huge dance-a-long going on. Quite strange. Europeans love to dance. The weekends mostly consist of going to the bar for tapas and drinks then to the discotecas.

I also saw Green Day here. I know...I know... obsessive but I had a perfect plan to get up on stage with them. I made a sign that looked like the Dookie cover and had the question "Can I sing Longview?" I remember in Nashville them letting people get up on stage to sing. Well little did I know that someone would rip the sign from my hands and throw it towards the back of the crowd. There was no way to get it back.... My purse also broke... womp womp. I realized if I had gotten the chance to go up on stage with them, the like stardom magic would be broken. haha. I took some really great videos and pictures though.

We went to Cuenca and Valencia this weekend.... That will be in a new post haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment