15 September 2009

Pictures!!

I finally made an online picture album for those without Facebooks.

http://mersyearabroad.myphotoalbum.com/

The pictures I have taken so far are up and ready for viewing. I am so glad a bought a new camera. Best birthday present eva!

So much has happened since Friday.

Friday we went out. Got into three clubs for free and were hit on continuously by Europeans. I think they have a American radar because the moment we walked in the clubs they knew we were American. After these clubs we wanted to go to Joy (save the best for last). Well, even with the discuenta we recieved it still was going to be 15 euro. We were like hell no. SO we ended up standing around in the street for a bit. We then met these two Spanish guys who invited us to this Chocolateria in Sol right near Joy. The place was packed, and we got there around 4:30. We had churros y chocolate. Delicious. We ended the night, like most Madriyenos at about 5:30 and went home.
Saturday we didn't wake up till about ummm three or so. So it was a waste of a day. We then went to Parque Retiro were we had an intercambio with some natives. Laura and I had this really nice guy names Hugo. He was going to Leon in France in a month or two to go to study. Pretty cool. Parque Retiro is BEAUTIFUL. I wish I took pictures. But I will eventually. We then came home and Laura passed out about 9:30. I on the other hand watched two movies. What a boring Saturday. haha
Sunday we got up around 10 and went to el Rastro. This flea market is amazing. There is just so much STUFF. We bought harem pants so we could fit in with all the women here. I wanted to buy more stuff but I only brought 20 euro.
Monday we started classes. I had class from 9:30 until about 10:45 then had to wait until 4 for my next class. I officially found out my 9:30 class does not count towards my major. The Spanish Department at NYU can suck it. Why would a class in Spanish about the Economic and Public Policy of Spain and its interaction with the European Union not count towards a Spanish Culture major??? I hate them... so much. Oh well. I now will have class at 12:30 and will be taking a Cultural Anthropology class. Sounds fun.
Carlos, our host brother, finished his exams Monday so he invited us to celebrate with his friends. He took us to a discoteca called Verde. It was very posh. We met Fernando and David. Fernando is a complete gentleman as well as a good dancer. hehe. He is studying law but doesn't know if he wants to be a lawyer. His English is a lot better than Carlos's. hehe. David is a character. Hilarious. He is a free spirit and doesn't really know what he wants to do. He has officially chosen International Business. Here in Europe when you go to "college" you go with a major already picked. And he has changed twice so he has four years of college left. Oh well. I am just glad we are finally meeting real Spaniards.
We are going to Kapital with them on Saturday. More shenanigans to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment