05 September 2009

Leaving in the manana.

Packing is a bitch. No if's, and's, or but's about it. I'm pretty sure my 1 of 2 bags is over 50 lbs. ooopsy.

So summer is finally at an end, and I leave for Spain tomorrow morning. This summer has been filled with catastrophes as well as joyous memories. I have realized that I love Memphis and am actually proud to be from a city with such diversity. I discovered little nooks and crannies that I have come to adore. Obviously I don't love everything, but perhaps I will allow my southern accent come out more while I am up north.... hehe.

Things I love in Memphis:
1. My family
2. My friends
3. My cat
4. My guitar
5. Warm weather
6. Downtown and Midtown
7. Audubon Park/Shelby Farms (in particular the trees at Audubon)
8. The Zoo ('specially on Tuesdays when it's free)
9. Minglewood Hall
10. Oasis
11. Java Cabana
12. Studio on the Square
13. Starbucks on Poplar
14. Davis Kidd Bronte
15. Memphis Pizza Cafe
16. The Whole Foods right by my house


I want to give a HUGE shout out to the lovely people of Southern Thunder and Graceland. You all have been so wonderful to me and I want to thank each of your support and love. I promise each of you that I will keep out of trouble and none of you will get an international phone call from el cárcel, as they call it in Spanish. Thank you again!! Miss you guys and love you lots!!





1 comment:

  1. dude, no worries about your bags. mine were both under 40 lbs if you can believe it. granted, i just called my mom and told her to send me shit because my closet is depressing. i think i honestly expected to wear dresses every day and now its cold. but next week will be hot again. anyway, weather in paris is very fickle, so find a website that explains madrid weather if you can. seriously. i wish i had. because it was 60 degrees yesterday and its going to be like 80 next week. wtf!

    good luck packing. see you in october bb!

    ReplyDelete