15 October 2009

BARCELONA!!!

Disclosure: Sorry this post is full of simple and run-on sentences and bad grammar. I am tired and wanted to make a post before I left for Vienna.

So this past weekend I went to Barcelona....

I missed that city so much. I think I will always like Barcelona better than Madrid.

The first day we took a 9 hour bus ride at 1 in the morning. It was terrible..... We got in at about 10 and walked to our hostel. We walked down this really cool street and found lots of little places to eat and shop. When we got to our hotel, the rooms weren't ready yet, so we put our stuff down and got breakfast. We came back around 12 and took showers. We took a little nappy and went around wondering. We walked up La Rambla and went to Barri Gotic. There we went to the Dali museum. This museum was actually a private collection of his pieces. I saw this museum when I came three years ago and wanted to see it again. That night we walked around and just took in the city. I feel the best way to see a city is at night. I think they just come alive and you see how beautiful it really is. While on our way home, we met Nicola and Lorenzo, two Italians. They were our best friends the whole weekend.
The next morning we got up early and walked around Montjuic. This is a really famous park near the coast. Daniel, a traveler from Brasil, came with us. We saw the Olympic stadium and this really neat place called Poble Espanyol. This is where two architects traveled around Spain and Portugal looking at architecture and created a little enclosed space that incorporated their favorite styles. It was really neat. Then we went back to the hostel. Laura took a nap and I started talking with this guy named Alex who was from Chile. I feel like the best way to meet people is in a hostel. There are people from all over the world here. That night we had dinner with Rhea, our suitemate from last year who was also in Barcelona for the weekend. It was SOOOOOOOO wonderful seeing her. We then met up with the friends she came with and walked around La Rambla. They left and we hung out with Lorenzo and Nicola. Pretty much we walked around La Rambla and Barri Gotic, found a couple of bars, but nothing special.
Saturday, we went on my Gaudi tour of the city. haha. Pretty much we walked the city and looked at Gaudi's architecture. He was such a character. We then went to Parc Guell. Guell was an apprentice of Gaudi. While we were climbing, we met this guy named Soren who was from Sweden. He was selling mojitos on the mountain. hahahah. We went to dinner with him and just talked. He had come to Barca for vacation and never left. That seemed to be the continual occurrence with the people we met. They came for vacation and decided never to leave. I wish I was an European Union citizen because I would do the exact same thing. After dinner, we went back to the hostel and got ready to go out. We met this girl named Marie Eve from Montreal and invited her to come with us. We were like Charlie's Angels. She was a red-head, me a brunet, and Laura the "blonde." hehe. So we met up with Nicola and Lorenzo and wandered around for a bit before deciding on going to club. Pretty much we got no sleep that night and had to leave Barcelona at 10:30.
Sunday we left and we both were very sad.... I grew to love Barca even more and Laura, experiencing it for the first time, came to love it. We think we might go back before we leave.... hehehe.

NEXT STOP: VIENNA TO SEE THE PARENTS!!!! YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment