10 November 2009

Halloween up till now.

Ooohhh goodness....

Halloween. was. interesting. Pretty much everyone was drunk in the streets with crazy costumes. I didn't think as many people were going to be dressed up but it was wonderful to see how the "American" Halloween has ventured over the pond. I did miss the day after sale on Halloween candy. I would love to have bought a bag of Reese's.

Laura's parents are here right now. They have been wonderful enough to buy me dinner a couple of times. We attended a Flamenco show last night. It was one of the most moving experiences I have had here. I had forgotten how powerful the voice is. I have not seen live REAL music is so long. I love opera and classical music, but in reality, I attend more electronic shows than people with actual talent. The soul within each note sung was incredible. I tried very hard to keep back my tears of just pure emotion. I need to start seeing more live music. It's just so expensive.....

Tomorrow is Laura's birthday and we are going to the oldest restaurant in the world. Apparently, the specialty there is suckling pig. I am all for it. Pictures to come.

I am sure this weekend will be an exciting one. 21st birthday in Madrid? It's time to go all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment